Alison Huggins Watson, MD
- 2019-Present - Wills Eye Hospital, Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery
- 2019-Present - Assistant Professor, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University
- 2017-2019 - Volunteer Faculty, Dell Medical Center, University of Texas
- 2009-2013 - Doctor of Medicine, Summa Cum Laude, Class Rank, 1st of 262, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College
- 2005-2009 - Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa Cum Laude, Lafayette College
Post Graduate Education and Training
- 2017-2019 - TOC Eye and Face, Austin, TX, ASOPRS and AACS Fellow
- 2014-2017 - Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Ophthalmology Residency
- 2013-2014 - Lankenau Medical Center, Wynnewood, PA, Preliminary Medicine Internship
- 2017-Present - Physician Full Permit, Texas Medical Board, Active
- 2013-2017 - Graduate Medical Trainee Ophthalmology, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of State
Professional Society Memberships
- 2017-Present - Candidate Member, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- 2017-Present - Member, Austin Ophthalmology Society
- 2014-Present - Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- 2014-2017 - Member, Pennsylvania Medical Society
Honors and Awards
- 2016 - The Jefferson Volunteer Faculty Association 2016 Resident Award. Recognition of the single resident across all specialties that best exemplifies outstanding clinical excellence, patient service, empathy, and professionalism.
- 2016 - The Gold Humanism Honor Society Residency Chapter of Thomas Jefferson University.Recognizes residents who demonstrate excellence in humanistic clinical care, leadership, compassion and dedication to service.
- 2013 - The Alumni Prize, Jefferson Medical College. Awarded to the fourth-year student with the highest cumulative academic record.
- 2013 - The Carroll R. Mullen Memorial Prize, Jefferson Medical College. Awarded to the fourth-year student who has displayed outstanding aptitude and excellence in ophthalmology.
- 2012 - Beach Memorial Scholarship, Jefferson Medical College.Awarded to students based on academic merit, who demonstrate commitment to community service and their institution.
- 2012 - Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Jefferson Medical College
- 2012 - George McClellan Surgical Honor Society, Jefferson Medical College
- 2011 - Hobart Armory Hare Medical Honor Society, Jefferson Medical College
- 2009 - The Joseph Watt Kuebler, Jr. Memorial Prize, Lafayette College.Presented annually to the senior student in the Department of Biology with the highest scholastic average and who will be entering medical school.
- 2005-2009 - Dean’s List, Lafayette College
- 2005-2009 - Marquis Scholarship, Lafayette College. This four year award is Lafayette’s highest academic scholarship granted to students who exemplify intellectual curiosity, superior coursework and academic achievement, and a strong interest and involvement in their school and community.
- 2016-2017 Editor of Review of Ophthalmology Resident Case Series, Wills Eye Hospital
- 2014-2015 Residency Class Representative, Program Evaluation Committee, Wills Eye Hospital
Local and National Service Activities
- 2017 - Volunteer, Volunteer Health Program, Medical mission for providing medical and surgical eye care to the under-served rural areas of the Dominican Republic
- 2016 - Participant, Ski-A-Thon for the Elwyn School Foundation, Wills Eye Hospital
- 2015 - Participant, Give Kids Sight Day, Wills Eye Hospital
- 2011-2012 - Academic Advisory Committee, Hobart Armory Hare Medical Honor Society, Jefferson Medical College
- 2010-2011 - Steering Committee Member, Education Committee, JeffHOPE (Health, Opportunity, Prevention and Education), Jefferson Medical College
- 2006-2009 - Vice President of Academic Excellence (2008), Social Chair (2006), Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority, Zeta Beta Chapter, Lafayette College
- 2005-2009 - Philanthropy Chair and Executive Board Member, Sports Marketing Committee, Lafayette College
- 2005-2009 - Sponsorship Chair and Executive Board Member, Student Movement Against Cancer, Lafayette College
Click here for additional information on Dr. Alison Huggins Watson regarding research studies and publications.